The Marijuana Regulatory Agency (MRA) recently announced that the Medical Marijuana Operation and Oversight Grant application for Fiscal Year 2022 is available. Operation and Oversight Grants are to be distributed at the county level for education, communication, and outreach regarding the 2008 Michigan Medical Marijuana Act.
The Michigan Legislature has appropriated a total of three million dollars for the 2022 Medical Marijuana Operation and Oversight Grants. As in years past, these grants may not be used for law enforcement purposes. The amount of funds available to each county is calculated based on the number of marijuana registry identification cards issued or renewed in the county as of September 30, 2021, as follows:
Once grant applications are accepted and approved by the MRA, the grant recipients are required to submit quarterly financial status reports and a final report to the MRA. Application information and instructions can be found on MRA’s website.
Counties that wish to apply for these grants must submit their proposal on county letterhead and include the following information:
- Describe the project(s) for which funds are requested, including an implementation plan
- Explain how funds will be used to coordinate efforts with other agencies, if applicable
- Describe anticipated outcomes and what impact these funds will have on the community
- Explain how these funds will be combined with other funding to complete projects, if applicable
- Submit a detailed budget showing how the requested funds will be expended
Medical Marijuana Operation and Oversight Grant applications must be received electronically no later than January 1, 2022 at the following email address: MRA-MMOOG@michigan.gov.