In the wake of the market expanding its current supply with the award of new licenses also comes new employment opportunities for the Garden State’s burgeoning cannabis industry at the Cannabis Career Fair and Business Expo Nov. 17, co-hosted by NJ Cannabis Insider, the New Jersey CannaBusiness Association and Stockton University.
The event at Stockton University in Galloway will feature keynotes from business leaders, professionals in the space and a vendor floor for networking. The event runs from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Student tickets are $20; industry professionals pay $100. (Purchase tickets here.)
“With the explosive growth and career opportunities in the New Jersey cannabis industry, Columbia Care is looking for motivated, skilled, and passionate team members to fulfill many areas of our business such as cultivation, dispensary operations, manufacturing and transportation,” said Volley Hayhurst, operations director at Columbia Care, one of the country’s largest cannabis growers and sellers. “To that end, we are pleased to further our relationship with Stockton University and sponsor a professional headshot booth at their fall career fair.”
College students, recent graduates, and professionals looking to enter the robust state cannabis industry will have the opportunity to get a headshot for free, Hayhurst continued. “And of course, we also hope they will visit our vendor booth to find out more about Columbia Care and our employment opportunities in Deptford, Vineland, and Mays Landing,” he said.
As part of the program, attendees will have the opportunity to take a professional headshot photo for LinkedIn or other use. Job seekers will have one-on-one opportunities with New Jersey cannabis companies with openings.
Former NFL player Dominique Easley, co-owner of cannabis apothecary and cultivation enterprise Legacy Partners, will be the morning’s keynote speaker.
Other confirmed speakers include: Edmund DeVeaux, of New Jersey CannaBusiness Association; Faye Coleman, of Pure Genesis; Rob Mejia, of Stockton University; Stacey Udell of HBK Accounting; Jeffery Booker of CannaCoverage; Precious Osagie-Erese of Rollup Life; and Tara ‘Misu’ Sargente of Blazin’ Bakery. More speakers will be announced soon.
Companies represented at business expo, so far include:
- The Botanist is a retail and product brand created to help wellness seekers. They listen and help guide patients and consumers as they discover cannabis and the power of herbal wellness.
- Lantern is the leading cannabis e-commerce marketplace and delivery platform in the U.S. With the speed and convenience of on-demand delivery, Lantern partners with the best local dispensaries and cannabis brands to bring transparency, safety, and access to cannabis. Lantern is our social equity partner for the Cannabis Career Fair & Business Expo.
- HBK CPA, a multidisciplinary financial services firm, offering the collective intelligence of professionals committed to delivering exceptional client service across a wide range of tax, accounting, audit, business advisory, valuation, financial planning, wealth management and support services from offices in Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, New York and Florida.
- Columbia Care is one of the largest and most experienced multi-state operators in the medical cannabis industry, with licenses in 15 jurisdictions in the U.S. and the EU. In New Jersey it has two dispensaries, including the Cannabist in Deptford.
- Hance Construction was selected to build one of the first cannabis grow facilities in New Jersey, and has since worked on other cannabis projects, offering consulting and site-location services.
- Kaló, a hemp infused seltzer drink from Hillview Med, a New Jersey-based and family-owned cannabis company.
- NJ Cannabis Certified, which provides training for all entry level jobs in the cannabis industry, including dispensary training and entry level cultivation and lab technician training.
- UFCW Local 152, represents 14,000 workers in retail stores, healthcare facilities, manufacturing, public sector, and much more across four states.
- 420NJEvents, a Black-owned lifestyle company that focuses on lifting communities damaged by the War on Drugs. NJ Cannabis Insider is media sponsor of the 420NJEvents October career workshop.
- New Jersey CannaBusiness Association, the Garden State’s largest trade group, operating as the state’s cannabis chamber of commerce.
- Stockton University, the interdisciplinary minor in Cannabis Studies offers students a foundation for understanding the burgeoning cannabis industry. Stockton recently opened The Cannabis & Hemp Research Institute, which will research hemp cultivation and develop lab testing.
To reserve your spot, visit the ticket page here.
NJ Cannabis Insider is a B2B resource that connects businesses through a weekly subscriber-only trade journal and monthly events. It is part of NJ Advance Media, the parent company of NJ.com, The Star-Ledger and other affiliated newspapers. For more information, email staff here.